Department of Community Services (DCS)
The Division of Code Administration serves to ensure proper implementation of the state-mandated Uniform Construction Code, which helps guarantee safe structures for all building construction, renovation, alteration, or demolition.
Browse photos of City properties, Community Services operations, storm and snow operations and disaster operations.
The Division of Engineering manages city infrastructure projects, including road improvements, curb and sidewalk projects, and city sanitary and storm sewer systems. The division also provides general guidance to property owners, in addition to keeping and updating the City’s official tax maps, preparing and maintaining sanitary and storm sewer maps, and other related files.
Discover information about various planning and zoning applications, forms, ordinances and government reports.
The Division of Public Works contains various units that maintain City streets, shade trees, storm and sanitary sewers, traffic signals, public parks, buildings, and grounds.
- Snow Storm Guidelines (PDF)
- Affordable Housing Annual Report 2019
- Construction (Building) Permit Process (PDF)
- Engineering Permit (PDF)
- Grading Permit (PDF)
- Zoning Review Form (PDF)
- Required Inspections (PDF)
- Space Regulations (PDF)
- Recycling Flyer (PDF)
- Business Recycling Flyer (PDF)
- Your Regular Trash Day (PDF)
- City of Summit Tree Removal Permit (PDF)
- Fair Share Housing Center Agreement (PDF)
- Summit Park Line Feasibility Study (PDF)
- Report Street Light Outage to JCP&L
- Sidewalk Installation and Maintenance Plan
- Sidewalk Plan Presentation 3.5.2019
- Construction Permit Submittal FAQ
- Engineering Permit FAQ
- Land Survey FAQ
- Union County_Household Hazardous Waste Collection_Flyer
- Union County_Scrap Metal Recycling Program_Flyer
- Union County_Mobile Paper Shredding Events_Flyer
- NonPermit Zoning Coversheet
New guidelines have been issued for items that should not be included in comingled and paper recycling bins at the transfer station. Recycling for many of these materials is available in separate bins. Transfer Station Recycling Guidelines