City of Summit Road Projects Summary- 2020
City of Summit Road Projects Summary- 2021
Union County Road Projects Summary - 2021
Utility Projects & Permits Summary - 2021
Butler Parkway Improvement Project
CLICK HERE for the BUTLER PARKWAY PRESENTATION 11/11/2020
CLICK HERE for the BUTLER PARKWAY CONSTRUCTION PLANS 11/11/2020
- Limits: Entire Length (Morris Avenue to River Road)
- Scope: Install sidewalk along east side, install & repair curbing, upgrade drainage structures, mill & pave entire length
- Start: April 2021
- End: August 2021
- Update: See presentation and draft construction plans above. First draft presentation and plans are dated from November of 2020 and were subsequently revised in Dec of 2020. Final project plans and specification are being finalized for the bidding process this January / February and construction is anticipated during the 2021 season.
Pine Grove Avenue Section 2 Improvement Project
- Limits: Blackburn Road to Ashland Road
- Scope: Install concrete sidewalk on the east side, upgrade drainage structures, mill and pave.
- Start: OCTOBER 12, 2020
- End: Spring 2021
- Update: Project was Bid January into February and awarded to Midwest Construction. A Pre-Construction meeting was held in June. PSEG has recently completed maintenance work on the gas main and services prior to the project and NJAW also recently completed the upgrade of water service upgrades. Layout was completed in early September and mobilization/construction has begun as of October 12, 2020. Work will progress from Ashland Road to Blackburn Road. Residents have been notified and will be so again when access to their driveway is disrupted. Please contact City of Summit Engineering office to discuss the project if you have any questions at 908-273-6404.
- Update: 11/13/2020 - All curb work is complete. Sidewalk work began at Blackburn Road and is progressing to Ashland Road. As to not miss the paving window for this year we will begin milling the week of November 16 and will schedule paving shortly. Sidewalk work and restoration work will continue as long as the weather permits.
- Update: 11/30/2020 - All Paving is complete. Restoration of lawn areas & driveways to be completed in the coming days.
- Update: 12/18/2020 - All major work is now complete. Residents should call in any remaining outstanding issues to the Engineering Division at 908-273-6404.
- View the Construction Plans (PDF).
Ashland Road & Elm Place Crosswalk Installation
Summit DPW Paving Project
Huntley Road Area Improvement Project
Safe Streets to Transit Project
- Limits: 4 Intersections approaching Summit Train Station
- Scope: Installation of lighting, signage, RRFB systems & sidewalk
- Start: August 2020
- End: September 2020
- Night Work: All work will be completed between 9pm and 5am.
- Update: Project was awarded at the April 28th Council Meeting to the lowest responsible bidder. A pre-construction meeting was held in July. Mobilization began on Monday, August 10, 2020. Concrete removal, installation of light footings and conduit all complete. Awaiting delivery of lights and install of RRFB systems.
- Update: The high friction surface treatment on all 4 intersections has been installed. This treatment is a polymer based application that increases the friction between vehicle tires and the road surface increasing safety at these intersections.
- Update: 12/18/2020 - All major work is now complete. Resident should call in any outstanding issues to 908-273-6404.
- View the Construction Plans (PDF).
2020 Micro-Paving Project - COMPLETED on August 20 -24, 2020
- Portland Road (Thursday, August 20)
- Pembroke Road (Thursday, August 20)
- Twombly Drive (Thursday, August 20)
- Myrtle Ave (Friday, August 21)
- Beekman Road (Friday, August 21)
- Irving Place (Friday, August 21)
- Warwick Road (Monday, August 24)
- Canoe Brook Place (Monday, August 24)
- Hillcrest Ave (Monday, August 24)
- Gary Road (Monday, August 24)
These projects are completed. Should you have any concerns please contact the Engineering Division at 908-273-6404.
Recently Completed Projects
- New Providence Avenue Improvement Project
- Linden Place & Oakland Place Improvement Project
- Pine Grove Avenue Section 1 Improvement Project (Springfield to Blackburn)
- Laurel Avenue & Larned Road Improvement Project
- Village Green Phase II Improvement Project
- Tanglewood, Dorchester & Winchester Road Improvement Project
- Plymouth Road
- Alley Way Improvement Project
- Lenox Road & Whittredge Road Improvement Project
- Hobart Avenue Improvement Project
- Blackburn Road Improvement Project (Blackburn Place to Valley View Avenue)
- Summit Maple Elm Improvement Project
- Brook Court Paving (by PSEG) - Entire Length
- Springfield Avenue Improvement Project (City Hall Portion)