Zoning Certificates of Occupancy

Certificate of Occupancy logo, clipart of a gray document

Zoning Certificates of Occupancy (ZCOs) (PDF) are required to be obtained by the Development Regulations Zoning Ordinance for the sale or rental, or for change of occupant or occupancy type for all buildings or for individual units within buildings.

These include residences, condos, apartments, or other types of dwelling units, and all other buildings, including stores, offices, industrial, and/or commercial or other business buildings and units.

Residential ZCOs must be obtained prior to sale or occupancy of the property.

Click the following link to review the following for ZCOs:

Please also review the change in regulations related to smoke detectors.  

You may call (908) 273-6408 for questions related to ZCOs or send an email to Karen Kolbeck.

Community Services Logo