- Monthly, except the months of July and August
- City Hall
512 Springfield Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
View meetings on the city calendar.
The mission of the Summit Environmental Commission (EC) is to provide leadership and vision in advising the City of Summit on actions and policies of sustainability including preservation and enhancement of the quality of Summit's environment and natural resources, as well as the health, well - being and quality of life of its residents and businesses.
The EC strives to engage all segments of the community and actively participates in the city planning process, researches and reports on environmental topics; develops educational outreach activities and materials; responds to inquiries from businesses and residents; coordinates with municipal planning and zoning boards, committees and other organizations on issues of mutual interest, and works with neighboring communities on environmental issues of regional importance.
For ongoing sustainability information, please visit the Summit Environmental Commission's open Facebook page.
- Business Recycling Flyer (PDF)
- Community Garden Plot Application - Reduced Fee (PDF)
- Community Garden Plot Application (PDF)
- Composting (PDF)
- Electronic Waste Recycling Reminder (PDF)
- Environmental Resource Inventory (PDF)
- Green Building Checklist (PDF)
- Lawn Care Brochure (PDF)
- No Idling Campaign (PDF)
- Passaic River Greenway Plan (PDF)
- Recommended trees, plants and shrubs
- Curbside Recycling Flyer
- Summit Green Star List 2022
- Summit Recycling Resources 2020 (PDF)
- Trees in Summit (PDF)
- 2022 Community Asset Map (English)
- 2022 Community Asset Map (Spanish)