August 4, 2023 – Effective Monday, August 7, 2023, the City of Summit Parking Services Agency is implementing a new daily rate of $14.95 for non-resident commuter parking in the Broad Street Garage in Summit. This price includes a $1.95 Parkmobile convenience fee. When utilizing the Broad Street Garage for commuter parking, all non-residents are required to reserve a parking space online one day in advance using the Parkmobile app.
The following steps are required for non-residents commuters to park in the Broad Street Garage:
- Parking without making a reservation using the Parkmobile app is prohibited for non-resident commuters. Reservations can be made by accessing an existing account, creating a new account, or by signing in as a guest on the app.
- The deadline to reserve a space for the next day is 11:59 PM the day before. A confirmation email will be sent after a reservation is made.
- All parking is on a first come, first-served basis. Overflow parking is no longer available for non-Summit residents in the Sampson Lot located at Lawton C. Johnson Summit Middle School.
- Non-resident commuters should park in the designated spaces on the top floor of the Broad Street Garage only; these are space numbers 539-560, 579-598, 599-643, and 644-685. Non-residents will receive a $65 Prohibited Parking ticket if parking in other spaces in the garage.
- Full refunds will be given for cancellations up to three hours before the start of a reservation.
Information on the rate increase and reservation system for non-resident commuter parking will also be posted in the Broad Street Garage.
Please contact the Parking Services Agency at 908-522-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. More information on non-resident commuter parking is available here.