Summit Downtown, Inc.Executive Director, Special Improvement District
Summit Downtown, Inc. is seeking a full-time Executive Director to manage the Summit Downtown Special Improvement District.
Summit Downtown, Inc. (SDI) is the non-profit management organization dedicated to ongoing development and promotion of the business community of the downtown Special Improvement District. The mission of SDI is to provide support for local business marketing efforts, sponsor and promote programs and events to enhance business and community engagement and provide resources and support to all downtown stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree. 5 years experience or relevant co-operative education coursework preferred.
- Proven track record in downtown planning, economic development, marketing or related fields.
- Experience in retail and small business management and development.
- Proven ability to use resources effectively and work independently and collaboratively with a diverse and passionate group of stakeholders.
- Self-starter, flexible, open-minded, creative thinker who is able to multi task and manage several projects at once.
- Strong financial oversight and planning capabilities.
- Strong written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Able to manage staff, consultants and volunteers.
- Grant writing and reporting experience preferred.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and early mornings when necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, Constant Contact, and various social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Perform daily administrative functions for the SID board of directors, committees, and membership. Supervises office staff (FT Assistant Director, PT Marketing Admin, Retail Resource Manager, On-site Farmers Market Manager), consultants, interns and volunteers.
- Prepare Monthly Agenda for Board of Trustees meetings, Executive Committee meetings and any Committee meetings. Send email along with all required attachments. Attend all meetings as required.
- Provide leadership in the development of vision statements, mission, goals and the corresponding strategies, business plans and budgets to achieve them.
- Maintain accurate database of business movement within the Special Improvement District (SID): new businesses, change of business ownership, change of property owners, and vacancies that occur. Work to retain existing businesses and recruit new businesses.
- Attend and participate in Main Street meetings throughout the year.
- Implement all new branding of SDI through website, signage and all other marketing materials.
- Create and promote business education events and workshops; organize and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Understand key issues and challenges confronting downtown businesses and property owners and work to address them. Maintain strong visibility and communication with stakeholders.
- Design, implement and maintain a strategic marketing plan designed to attract consumers to the shopping district, improve community awareness and promote business growth.
- Prepare and present annual budget and work plans to the Board and committees for approval.
- Manage daily and monthly board financial matters. Prepare all documents for monthly board meetings, yearly budgets and meetings with SDI auditor/accountant.
- Maintain and improve the financial health of the SID through budget planning, programs and events, fundraisers, sponsorships, strategic planning and grant writing.
- Communicate and provide information to the SDI Chair, Executive Committee and the SDI Board on appropriate issues that affect the BOT or the SID.
- Develop strategies for effective communications and foster a strong relationship with downtown businesses, stakeholders and the community.
- Partner with other existing community agencies/groups for strong area-wide promotion of the SID.
- Attend and participate in various City and Civic organization meetings to promote the views and concerns of the BOT and Stakeholders.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking Services Agency
P/T 19 hrs/wk. Must be flexible for mid-day & Saturday shifts.
Ambassador will be energetic, positive, & pleasantly courteous while providing hospitality services for parkers & visitors to downtown Summit. Ambassador will be visible, greeting pedestrians & parkers. Training will be provided.
Must be able to work in all weather & stand/walk for multiple hours. Ability to ride bicycle or segway a plus.
Valid NJ driver’s license required & must pass criminal background check & drug tests completed by City referred physician.
Required to wear city-provided uniform & have neat, professional appearance at all times. Superior customer relations, dependability, self-motivated & team player a must. Salary $10 - $12/hour.
Complete employment application from City’s website: www.cityofsummit.org, submit w/ resume & references to: Rita M. McNany, Parking Services Mgr., Parking Services Agency, 512 Springfield Ave, Summit, NJ 07901. Email to: email@example.com. Only individuals w/ desired qualifications/experience will be contacted. EOE. No phone/fax.