The City of Summit’s 76th annual Fourth of July celebration will take place on Tuesday, July 4, 2023, at Soldiers Memorial Field, located at 5 Myrtle Avenue. The community celebration will include entertainment, rides and amusements, and a food court.
The event will begin with a flag raising ceremony at noon, followed by a decorated bicycle parade for children at 12:15PM. Entertainment will include concerts beginning at 1PM. The event will conclude with a fireworks display beginning at 9:15PM.
The walking track, playground, tennis courts, and lower fields at Memorial Field will close at 1PM to prepare for the fireworks display. Roads adjacent to the field will close to vehicle traffic at 6PM. The parking lot on Ashland Road next to the Memorial Field tennis courts will be closed all day on Tuesday, July 4.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 12PM food court opens
- 12PM flag raising ceremony
- 12:15PM decorated bike parade for children
- 12:45PM announcement of bike parade winners
- 1PM Area Rock Tribute Band
- 2:30PM Shazam Music and variety show
- 4:30PM 100 Years of American popular music with the Raritan Valley Trombone Quartet
- 5:30PM Mushmouth in concert
- 7:30PM Daddy Pop in concert
- 9PM lowering of the colors
- 9:15PM fireworks
The Fourth of July celebration is fully funded by generous contributions from residents and local businesses. To contribute or to view more information, please visit www.summitcommunityprograms.com/fourthofjuly.