SUMMIT, NJ, June 6, 2022 – At the Wednesday, June 15, Common Council meeting, the city planner will present revised plans for the Broad Street West Redevelopment subdistrict 3 project. Subdistricts 1 and 2 will also be discussed. There will be an opportunity for questions from the public following the presentation.
Revisions to the design of the building in subdistrict 3 were made by the redevelopment team based on extensive public feedback over the past several months.
The timeline for the remainder of the process includes:
• The amended Broad Street West Redevelopment Plan will be posted on the city website by end of day on Tuesday, June 14.
• The presentation by the city planner to council on June 15 will be posted on the city website on Thursday, June 16 at 9AM.
• An ordinance on the amended Broad Street West Redevelopment Plan for subdistricts 1, 2 and 3 will be introduced at a special meeting on Tuesday, June 21 at 7:30PM.
• Monday, June 27 Planning Board review of the amended redevelopment plan to ensure consistency with Summit’s Master Plan.
• A vote on the ordinance on the amended redevelopment plan will take place at a special meeting on Tuesday, July 19 at 7:30PM. A vote authorizing the redevelopment agreement for subdistrict 3 will also take place at this meeting. Prior to the vote by council, there will be an opportunity for public comment.
• Revisions to the plans for subdistricts 1 and 2 will be made over the next several months. A vote by council on a plan for these subdistricts is not anticipated in 2022.
Information on the Broad Street West Redevelopment Project is available on the city website at cityofsummit.org/bsw. Questions or comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2022 Summit, NJ. All Rights Reserved.
512 Springfield Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901Unsubscribe