A tropical storm warning and flash flood watch has been issued for the Summit area with three to six inches of rain predicted. There is a chance of 40 to 50mph sustained winds with gusts up to 70mph.
Rain is expected late Monday night with strong winds starting Tuesday afternoon into evening. Please secure outdoor items in yards and take extra precaution, especially if you live in flood prone areas.
Stay away from downed power lines. Assume they are live and dangerous. Report a loss of power to JCP&L by calling 888-544-4877, texting 544487 or online at https://www.firstenergycorp.com/outages_help/Report_Power_Outages
Be prepared and have supplies ready. Visit the FEMA website for information on how to build an emergency kit and plan: https://www.ready.gov/kit
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
• One gallon of water per person per day for at least three days
• A three-day supply of non-perishable food
• Battery-powered or hand crank radio
• First aid kit
• Extra batteries
• Whistle to signal for help
• Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
• Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
• Disinfecting wipes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
• Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
• Manual can opener for food
• Local maps
• Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Stay safe, and visit the City of Summit website, Facebook and Twitter pages for updates.
Copyright 2020 Summit, NJ. All Rights Reserved.
512 Springfield Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901Unsubscribe