The New Jersey State Department of Health has informed the City of Summit that there are no new cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Summit, NJ today. The total number of confirmed cases is 195. Additional statistics are available at https://www.cityofsummit.org/coronavirus.
The NJMVC further extends driver license, registration, and inspection expiration dates due to COVID-19. Deadlines for these documents, if expiring between March 13 and May 31, have been extended to July 31. Documents expiring June 30 are extended two months to August 31, and those expiring July 31 are extended to September 30 https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/
Governor Murphy Announces Multi-Stage Approach to a Responsible and Strategic Economic Restart
May 18, 2020 - New Jersey will move toward subsequent stages based on data that demonstrates improvements in public health and the capacity to safeguard the public. If public health indicators, safeguarding, or compliance worsen on a sustained basis, New Jersey will be prepared to move back to more restrictive stages as well. The restart will be phased-in within each stage, rather than opening all businesses and activities at once within a stage.
Maximum Restrictions Stage: Maximum restrictions with most individuals staying at home and activity limited to essential tasks.
Permitted activities and businesses include:
• Emergency health care
• Essential construction
• Essential retail, including grocery stores and pharmacies
Stage 1: Restrictions relaxed on low-risk activities if appropriately safeguarded. *New Jersey is currently in this stage. Phased-in businesses may include:
• Non-essential, but easiest to safeguard, work activities at physical locations if they meet safeguarding and modification guidelines. Example: non-essential construction with protections
• Some non-essential retail may open with significant modifications. Example: curbside pickup
• All workers who can work from home continue to work from home even if their industry is reopening. Example: an office manager for a construction company
Phased-in activities include State and county parks, non-essential construction, curbside retail, drive-in activities, beaches, and elective surgeries. Also in-person sales at car and motorcycle dealerships, and bicycle shops is allowed.
Stage 2: Restrictions are relaxed on additional activities that can be easily safeguarded. Phased-in businesses may include:
• More work activities are allowed at physical locations only if they adhere to safeguarding and modification guidelines. Work activities to be phased-in over the course of Stage 2 may include expanded retail, safeguarded restaurants with outdoor seating, limited personal care, and possibly indoor dining, museums, and libraries, all with significantly reduced capacity.
• All workers who can work from home continue to work from home. Example: a buying manager for restaurants
• Some personal care services may be provided on a limited basis.
Stage 3: Restrictions are relaxed on most activities with significant safeguarding. Phased-in businesses may include:
• More work activities, including in-person meetings, are allowed at physical locations only if they can adhere to safeguarding guidelines and modifications. Work activities to be phased-in over the course of Stage 3 may include expanded dining, critical in-office work, limited entertainment, expanded personal care, and bars with limited capacity.
• All workers who can work from home continue to work from home. Example: accounting office workers
• Personal care services may be provided on a more extended basis.
Precautions that apply across all stages include:
• Work that can be done from home should continue to be done from home.
• Clinically high-risk individuals who can stay at home should continue to do so.
• All residents and businesses should follow state and federal safeguarding guidelines: wash hands; wear masks in public; respect social distancing; minimize gatherings; disinfect workplace and businesses; and no mass gatherings
Copyright 2016 Summit, NJ. All Rights Reserved.
512 Springfield Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901Unsubscribe