SUMMIT, N.J., June 22, 2020 -- The City of Summit has updated its recycling procedures effective July 1, and includes the following:
- Recycling bins should be placed curbside before 6AM every Thursday, except holiday when collection will take place on Friday.
- Pickup will occur between 7Am and 5PM. Missed materials should be left at the curb and pickup will be completed on Fridays.
- Recycled material should be clean, dry, and placed in a covered bin.
- Glass, aluminum, tin cans and lids, and plastic marked #1, #2, and #5 will be accepted and can be comingled.
- Recycled items should not be placed in plastic bags. If placed in a plastic bag, recycling will not be collected.
- Notice will be provided with the reason for non-collection of material.
Residents are highly encouraged to recycle items curbside rather than at the Municipal Transfer Station. The city pays for each property owner to recycle curbside in its recycling contract. When recycling is taken to the Transfer Station, the city is charged for the items that are collected there as well.
For more information on recycling guidelines, how to report a missed pick up, or a list of items that can and cannot be recycled, please visit the city website.