The City of Summit is sharing information from the Union County Clerk’s Office on voting in the Tuesday, June 6, 2023, Primary Election.
The deadline to register to vote in the June 6 Primary Election is Tuesday, May 16. Summit residents can check their voter registration status online. The City of Summit Clerk’s Office at 512 Springfield Avenue will be open until 9PM on May 16 for voter registration.
Vote by mail
The deadline to apply by mail for a mail-in ballot is Tuesday, May 30. The deadline to apply in person at the Elizabeth and Westfield County Clerk Offices for a mail-in ballot is Monday, June 5, at 3PM. Mail-in ballots can be returned in person or by mail to the Union County Board of Elections office, or at the secure ballot drop box located in the Chestnut Street parking lot at 406 Broad Street. Voters now have the option to indicate on the application if they wish to automatically receive a mail-in ballot for all future elections. If such voter no longer wants this option, they must notify the Office of the County Clerk in writing. More information on mail-in ballots is available here.
Early In-Person Voting
Union County residents have the option to vote early at specified locations throughout the county beginning on Friday, June 2, through Sunday, June 4. Locations, dates, and times for early voting are available on the Union County Board of Elections website.
In-Person Voting on Election Day
The Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, June 6. Polls will be open from 6AM to 8PM. A list of Summit Wards and Districts is available on the city website.
- Ward 1 District 1 at Summit Community Center, Investor’s Bank Gym on 100 Morris Avenue.
- Ward 1 District 3, 4, 5, 6 at Lincoln Hubbard School gym on 52 Woodland Avenue.
- Ward 1 District 2, 11, 12 at Summit High School Auxiliary Gym on 125 Kent Place Boulevard.
- Ward 1 District 7, 8, 9, 10 at Washington School gym on 507 Morris Avenue.
- Ward 2 District 1, 2, 3 at Summit Community Center, Investor’s Bank Gym on 100 Morris Avenue.
- Ward 2 District 4, 6, 7 at Summit Middle School on 272 Morris Avenue, gym entrance on Summit Avenue (Handicap accessible entrance on Oakland Place).
- Ward 2 District 5 and 10 at Cornog Field House on 5 Myrtle Avenue.
- Ward 2 District 8 at Vito A. Gallo Senior Building, Community Room, 12 Chestnut Ave. Broad St entrance.
- Ward 2 District 11 at St. John’s Lutheran Church on 587 Springfield Avenue, Hinman Hall.
- Ward 2 District 9, 12, 13 at Franklin School on 136 Blackburn Road. Entrance to gym on Warwick Road.
For more information on the Primary Election visit www.cityofsummit.org/elections or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 908-273-6400. Contact information for the Union County Clerk’s Office is available here.