Downtown Employee ParkingSummit has a vibrant downtown filled with shops, restaurants, and businesses. Employees who work in the downtown business district are able to park in designated municipal lots and garages. A downtown employee application (pdf) is required and a permit can be purchased and/or renewed online. Employee permits cost $10 per permit and requires an affidavit signed by the landlord or manager of place of employment. Once an employee has a permit, they must pay for parking each day. Employees over the age of 62 can apply for a senior permit (proper ID required) for $5. The daily parking fee is $4.
Downtown Employees can park in the following locations:
See Map (PDF) for exact locations.
- Broad Street Garage (Broad Street at Summit Avenue)
- Chestnut Avenue Lot (Broad Street at Chestnut Avenue)
- Elm Street Lot (Elm Street between Morris Avenue and Broad Street)
- Park Avenue
- Sampson Lot (corner of Morris Avenue and Summit Avenue at LCJSMS)
- Railroad Avenue Lot (behind the Post Office, between Broad Street and Railroad Avenue)
- Maple Street "K" Lot (behind CVS at Maple Street)
- Tier Garage-Upper Levels (Springfield Avenue at Maple Street)
- Elm Street – 48 street spaces available with a permit and the daily fee or prepayment up to 11 AM