Downtown Employee Parking
Summit has a vibrant downtown filled with shops, restaurants, and businesses. Employees who work in the downtown business district are able to park in designated municipal lots and garages. A downtown employee permit (PDF) is required and can be purchased and/or renewed online. Employee permits cost $10 per permit which requires an affidavit signed by the landlord or manager of place of employment. Once an employee has a permit, they must pay for parking each day. Employees over the age of 62 can apply for a senior permit (proper ID required) for $5. The Daily Parking fee is $4.
Downtown Employees can park in the following locations:
See Map (PDF) for exact locations.
- Broad Street Garage (Broad Street at Summit Avenue)
- Chestnut Avenue Lot (Broad Street at Chestnut Avenue)
- Elm Street Lot (Elm Street between Morris Avenue and Broad Street)
- Sampson Lot (corner of Morris Avenue and Summit Avenue at LCJSMS)
- Railroad Avenue Lot (behind the Post Office, between Broad Street and Railroad Avenue)
- Maple Street "K" Lot (behind CVS at Maple Street)
- Tier Garage-Upper Levels (Springfield Avenue at Maple Street)
Downtown Employee Green Bagged Meters
The City has employee parking at certain street meters on Springfield Avenue, Beechwood Road, Maple Avenue, and Morris Avenue. These are designated with Green Bags covering the meters. Any downtown employee with a permit and has prepaid for their parking may park at these meters. See payment options.