The Tax Collector's office collects taxes, sewer charges, and curb and sidewalk special assessments. The Tax Collector enforces timely payments, delivers delinquency notices, calculates interest on delinquencies and holds tax sales. Requests for municipal lien searches are also conducted by the Tax Collector's office.
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
512 Springfield Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
Tax bills are mailed annually, usually in July, and are due on the 1st day of Aug, Nov, Feb and May.
New homeowners who did not receive a tax bill at closing should contact the Tax Collector to obtain a copy. The Tax office should also be advised in writing of any mailing address changes.
TAXES ARE DUE
- 1st Quarter Due February 1
- 2nd Quarter Due May 1
- 3rd Quarter Due August 1
- 4th Quarter Due November 1
Sewer Utility charges are billed annually and are normally due September 1st.
: All tax payments must be received in the Tax Office within the 10-day grace period following the due date. A metered postmark date will not be accepted as proof of timely filing
- Online Payments: Click on the Online Payments tab on the right side of the page. Follow the prompts to complete payment.
- ACH Debit Program: Automatic payments can be set up by the Tax Office.
- Mail: Remit check with appropriate stub to 512 Springfield Ave, Summit, NJ 07901. If you use your own online banking please ensure adequate time for delivery.
- In Person: Bring check or cash with appropriate stub to City Hall.
- Drop Box: Drop your payment in the DROP BOX at City Hall located on the wall by the City Directory before entering 2nd door on left.