The Tax Collector's office collects taxes and sewer charges, and makes curb and sidewalk assessments. The Tax Collector enforces timely payments by taxpayers, delivers delinquency notices, and calculates interest on delinquencies. Requests for municipal lien searches are also conducted by the Tax Collector's office.
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
512 Springfield Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
Tax Collector: Juliet Ruggiero
Deputy Tax Collector:
Tax bills are mailed annually, usually in July, and are due on the 1st day of Aug, Nov, Feb and May.
New homeowners who did not receive a tax bill at closing should contact the Tax Collector to obtain a copy. The Tax office should also be advised in writing of any mailing address changes.
TAXES ARE DUE
- 1st Quarter Due February 1
- 2nd Quarter Due May 1
- 3rd Quarter Due August 1
- 4th Quarter Due November 1
Sewer Utility charges are billed annually and are normally due September 1st.
- ACH Debit Program: Automatic payments can be set up by the Tax Office.
- Mail: Remit check with appropriate stub to 512 Springfield Ave, Summit, NJ 07901. If you use your own online banking please ensure adequate time for delivery.
- In Person: Bring check or cash with appropriate stub to City Hall.
- Drop Box: Drop your payment in the DROP BOX at City Hall located on the wall by the City Directory before entering 2nd door on left.